Course Title. Project Management (GOLD)
Duration. 3 Days
Venue. Double Tree by Hilton, Nairobi
1. Why are some projects more successful than others; what exactly are the causes of project failure?
2. What is a project management plan and how do you come up with one?
3. Which is an ideal resource control and coordination framework for your project?
4. What are your project stakeholders’ expectations; how well are you managing them?
5. What level of efficiency is obtainable in the management of projects using project management software?
This course presents a practical approach to project management, which participants will be able to quickly adapt to their individual circumstances, whether as part of a virtual project management team, in the migration of banking systems, or implementation of community development projects.
It approaches project management from a management perspective without undue reference to academic technicalities and mathematical modelling.
Key areas that this course will cover include the following:
- Why do so many projects overrun their time and budget or otherwise completely fail to achieve their intended purpose?
- Critical concepts in effective project management
- Forming the project team
- Developing the project management plan
- Defining project scope
- Determining project work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Project resource planning
- Project control initiatives
- Managing outsourced project partners
By the end of learning activities on this course, participants should be able to:
i. Avoid common project management failures at project conception and design stages
ii. Articulate project objectives and key deliverables more effectively
iii. More confidently take on leadership roles within project teams
iv. Make more valuable contribution within their project teams
v. Increase the utility and overall efficiency of project resources
vi. Effectively manage outsourced service providers within their the project team
vii. Control project risks and maintain desired performance on the projects they manage
Other courses of related interest
Finance for non-finance managers
Leadership and Management Skills Development